Have you bought a new TV? Wow, that’s great, but is it a smart TV? If you have forgotten to check that, then that’s a shame. While everybody is watching their favorite shows and movies on their smart TVs, you will have to rely on cable TV, which is anything, but fun. However, you still have got a small window that you can use transform your normal TV into a smart one. You can make use of Amazon Fire TV Stick, which is a compact device that connects into the HDMI port of your TV in order to make it a smart one. If you buy Amazon Fire TV Stick, then you can follow below-mentioned steps to configure it with your TV.
Configure the Fire TV Stick
The Fire TV Stick is already preconfigured with your Amazon account. You only have to configure Wi-Fi.
- Plug the micro USB end of the USB power cable into the micro-USB port of the Fire TV Stick.
- Plug the other end into the AC adapter or into an available USB port on your TV. If you are using the AC adapter, plug it into a power outlet.
- Then insert the Fire TV Stick into an HDMI port on your TV. If you have trouble accessing the HDMI port, use the supplied HDMI extender.
- Turn on your TV and select the HDMI input where the key is located at the source.
- Put the batteries in the remote control and, as prompted, press the Home button on the remote control for 10 seconds.
- Then press the Play / Pause button.
- Select your language
- Then choose your Wi-Fi wireless network.
- Enter your encryption key with the virtual keyboard and confirm with the Play / Pause button.
- By default, the key is preconfigured with your Amazon account. You only have to confirm your identity or connect another account if you wish.
- Amazon will then offer to register your Wi-Fi password in your account. If you plan to use other Amazon devices, such as the Dash buttons, enable this feature. You can change this setting later.
- If you have children, you can activate parental control. This will result in entering a 5-digit PIN (using a combination of buttons on the remote) to protect video playback and content purchases.
- A small video presentation (1 minute) is then displayed.
- The interface of the key is then displayed: you will find Amazon Prime Video, Plex, Netflix, YouTube, VEVO, TuneIn, VLC.
Now, your Amazon Fire TV is configured on your TV, you will be able to enjoy your favorite movies and TV shows without any interruption.