The Amazon media streaming device Fire TV stick is used for casting content on the TV screen. Do you know about the fact that you can also use your LED screen as the second screen? If not, then we want to mention here that your computer or laptop windows 10 screen can also be shared on TV and you can open the websites, presentations, and files directly on big screen.
According to the company officials, the screen mirroring option was earlier available only on Fire phone, Fire Tablets like HD 8, HD10 and android devices with OS higher than or equal to jelly bean. However, it is now possible to mirror the screen of your windows 10 computer as well. If you want to know whether your machine supports this feature or not, you can continue reading the content of this guide. We will let you know the steps for mirroring windows 10 to fire TV stick.
From fire TV stick
- From the home screen of your Fire TV, go to the main page with the help of remote and click on ‘Mirroring’ from different settings available.
- Wait for the device to get connected to Fire TV stick.
Note: If the fire TV doesn’t get connected to the computer, you can redo the steps until the connection gets established. When you find the device in the ‘List of devices’ then it means the procedure is going in the right way.
From Windows 10 laptop: Steps that need to be implemented on your Windows 10 laptop are discussed here as under:
- From the bottom right corner of the screen, you need to click on ‘Notification’ icon.
- Click on the device you are seeing.
- Tap ‘Connect’.
- If you find the ‘Fire TV stick’ is not appearing on the screen or in the ‘Going to connect’ list, then check whether the ‘Mirroring option’ is enabled on it or not. If not, then follow the steps mentioned earlier to turn on mirroring.
Once the screen gets connected, if you notice the mirrored screen size being too small, change the resolution of the screen from laptop settings. Right-click on the home screen and go to ‘Properties’ followed by ‘Graphic’.
There are different menu and settings available on different models of laptop, so there is no need to get confused. Simply search for ‘Display’ option from the control panel settings. You can change the resolution from 480 to 720p or higher depending on the video size and quality.
After performing the above-mentioned steps, if you are getting problem with the mirroring, then you can contact Fire TV stick experts or simply update the drivers of it. Search for latest drivers from the official website.