We provide the most reliable support for Fire TV and Fire TV Stick. If you have installed HBO GO on your Fire TV, which recently has stopped working, then what you can do is, log onto Fire TV Stick Help and Support website or call us at our toll-free number.
Amazon Fire TV supports a wide array of channels, which includes HBO GO as well. If you too own Amazon Fire TV in which you have installed HBO GO app, then this post is of great importance to you. Many Amazon Fire TV users who have installed HBO GO app are now facing issues while accessing the app.
They have no idea as to what the issue, but they definitely want a quick solution to the problem. If you too are dealing with problems while accessing HBO GO on your Amazon Fire Setup Tv app, then you can try the following solutions.
Note: HBO GO doesn’t support Amazon Fire TV as of now.
Step 1: Check for software updates
- You need to check the software version your Fire TV is running on. For that, you need to go to ‘Settings’, then ‘Device’ and finally ‘About’.
- Choose the option named ‘Check for System Update’, and if there is an update available for download, then it will be downloaded.
- Once the update has been downloaded, you need to select ‘Install System Update’ in order to install the update.
Step 2: Check your internet connection
Since you are using a streaming device and a top-quality streaming app, so it is obvious that you require a fast and reliable internet connection to stream the content in a flawless manner. A minimum download speed of 5Mbps is required to stream HD videos
It is true that HBO GO or any app for that matter adjusts the video quality according to the signal strength. However, if the bandwidth is too low, then there will be a lot of buffering and freezing problem, which is the last thing that you as a user would want.
To check the internet speed, here is what you are going to do:
- On your Amazon Fire TV, you need to visit ‘Settings’ menu and then, click ‘Network’.
- Press ‘Play’ button on the remote to check the network status.
If the internet speed is satisfactory, then you will not have any issues streaming your favorite HBO content. You can then move onto step 3, but in case, the network speed is poor, then you need to access HBO GO on another device in order to check whether the device works in a smooth fashion on other devices or not.
- Try a wired connection: If possible, then you should use an Ethernet cable for a better and more reliable internet connectivity.
- Reduce traffic on the network: If you have connected multiple devices on the network, then you need to disconnect a few of those devices in order to minimize the congestion.
- Restart network devices: You can also unplug the modem as well as the router, then wait for a minute before plugging both devices back in.
Step 3: Restart Amazon Fire TV
- Unplug your device and wait for 20 seconds.
- Then, plug the device back in.
- Launch HBO GO app in order to see if the problem is solved or not.
Step 4: Uninstall & Reinstall HBO GO
- Go back to ‘Settings’, then, ‘Applications’ and finally, ‘Manage Installed Applications’.
- Search ‘HBO GO’ app.
- Once you find the app, select it.
- Select Uninstall.
- Go to Home followed by searching for HBO GO.
- Select ‘HBO GO’ and download it.
Sign into HBO GO app in order to see if the problem is fixed.
For better information about ESPN Fire TV Activate Dial Amazon Fire Stick Support Phone Number.