One thing that will surely ruin the whole watching experience is ‘Sorry we couldn’t reach Netflix’ or ‘error 13’ message on the screen.
But there is nothing to worry, there are few fixes with the help of which you can solve the error and within no time, you will be able to get back to the watching experience. Sometimes, you need to uninstall or power cycle the Amazon Firestick Account at the same time, you need some further actions to fix it off.
Clear the data
This is one of the best ways to get back to Netflix. Clear the data as the system may sometimes accumulate the cache. The steps to clear data are:
- Press the home button: From the home, go to settings followed by ‘Apps’ then click on ‘Manage installed applications’.
- Search for Netflix and click to select.
- Remove data by clearing it. After clearing the data, you need to select it again. Once done with the clearing, click on ‘Clear cache and select all options.
- Unplug and plug it back: Once the data gets removed, unplug your Firestick and plug it back to the supply after 30 seconds. Check if the problem has been resolved or not.
A simple update of Netflix app may sometimes put up end to the problem.
- Go to App section: From the Fire TV menu, click on ‘App section’ then on ‘Netflix app’.
- Check for updates: From the Netflix app, you will find ‘Update’ menu. Click to check if some update is available or not. Wait till the update installation gets finished.
Note: If you are using a Netflix with free amazon profile, then remove it from the system before performing the update. The steps are given here as under:
1st step: From the Fire TV menu, click on ‘Parental controls’ and ‘Free profiles’.
2nd step: Add a heading to the child Library and ‘Netflix icon’ from remote.
The Netflix app may not be the only reason for the problem, there can be a problem with the Firmware of Firestick as well. Do the following steps to check the update.
- Go to the home screen by clicking on ‘Settings’. From here, go to the ‘About’ option and check for system firmware version.
- Click on ‘Check updates’ option to check the firmware version if latest available. This may take some minutes, so wait for a while.
- Install new firmware after downloading it online. If you don’t want to do the installation process manually, then select ‘Auto-install’ option from the settings.
A firestick reset can be the solution to multiple problems if you are facing the Netflix issue particularly. To reset the firestick,
- Launch Fire TV menu by clicking on ‘Settings’ from home screen. Scroll right to go to ‘Reset’ option.
Perform a factory reset, when you factory reset the device all the settings will be set to default. You may be prompted to enter the PIN to perform the reset function.
For better information about NBC Activate Amazon Fire TV Dial Amazon Fire Stick Support Phone Number.