We can assist you with the YouTube app activation process on Fire TV. If you have been trying to activate YouTube app on Fire TV, but are facing issues, then just get in touch with our experts. Call us at our Fire TV tech support number.
To enjoy your favorite YouTube content through Amazon Fire TV, you need to install it properly and also make sure to activate the app. If you don’t know how to install and activate YouTube on Amazon Fire TV, then read on.
Even though YouTube is not available on Amazon Fire TV Setup and Stick, but you can still access the app by using a different process, which we will be discussing here below.
You will have to sideload the YouTube app on Fire TV for which, you need to enable ‘Unknown Sources’ option on Fire TV. This is because you are downloading YouTube from a 3rd-party source. You need to disable the security feature as well because you won’t be able to install the apps that you have obtained outside Amazon Store until you disable the security. It is not safe to disable a security feature, but you need to ignore it for this particular instance or you need to forget using YouTube.
To disable a Security feature, here is what you are going to do:
- Plug in your Fire TV to the TV; turn the device on followed by connecting it to the internet.
- Go to ‘Settings’ menu on the top and you will see ‘Device’ option. Click on it.
- Select ‘Developer Options’ on the next screen that you see.
- Click the box corresponding to ‘Apps from Unknown Sources’.
- Now, you need to install ‘Downloader’ app on Fire TV as you are installing the app from a 3rd-party source. With this app, you can download APK file of YouTube for Fire TV.
How to install YouTube on Fire TV?
- Open ‘Downloader’ app.
- On your Fire TV remote, press ‘Select’ button to see ‘on-screen keyboard’.
- Enter the following address in the address bar using the on-screen keyboard. ‘https://smartyoutubetv.github.io’. Be very careful while entering this address or else you won’t be able to get to the right website.
- Once the website is opened, go to the ‘Downloads’ section and open the link ‘Stable version’.
- Let the file download and when it is downloaded, press ‘Install’ button on the pop-up that you see.
- You are now going to see a screen titled ‘Smart YouTube TV’ asking for your permission to install the app. Click ‘install’ button on the bottom right of the screen to continue.
- You can now open ‘YouTube’ app.
How to activate YouTube on Amazon Fire Stick Account?
- You need to make sure that Fire TV is properly set up and YouTube app is properly installed.
- Open YouTube app and sign into it using your Google credentials.
- When you sign into the app, you are going to see an 8-digit code that will be generated on the Fire TV screen.
- Now, you need to go to ‘YouTube.com/activate’ link on your PC followed by entering sign in details.
- Once you have signed it, you need to enter that 8-digit code from your TV screen and move ahead.
Then, allow access to YouTube app on Fire TV and with that, YouTube app is activated on Fire TV.