We can help you with the process of activating the passport on Amazon Fire Stick and TV. It is a straightforward process, which you can do without taking anybody’s help, but in case you find any problem, you can contact Amazon Fire support executives. Call us at our Amazon Fire Stick tech support number for more details.
PBS is a top American channel that offers a wide range of top quality content to its customers living all across the country. PBS app is among the most sought after applications that every binge-watcher wants to have in its repertoire of apps. The app is available on Amazon as well, so those who are using Fire TV and Fire Stick can easily install and activate the app.
How to install PBS Org app on Amazon Fire TV or Fire Stick
The process of installation is simple; the app is available on Amazon app store, so users just need to open the app store, search for the app and click the download button given right next to the app in order to have it in their fleet of apps. Then, comes the process of activating the app because without activating the app, it is not going to work.
If you want PBS website to activate your streaming device, which in this case is Amazon Fire TV or Fire Stick, then you need to go to www.pbs.org/activate link in your web browser’s address bar.
Here are the instructions on how to activate PBS Org on your Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick:
- You need to be using Amazon Fire TV for this, and if you are, then you are going to receive a message to activate. Make sure that you note down the activation note. You will have to use that code in the next steps.
- On your smartphone, tablet or computer, you need to open your web browser, which could be Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari.
- Once the web browser has opened, you need to enter ‘http://www.pbs.org/activate in the address bar.
- Enter your activation code, the one you’ve noted down earlier in the textbox provided.
- Click ‘continue’.
- With this, your Amazon Fire TV has now been activated and so, you can go back to Amazon Fire TV in order to begin watching PBS content.
If you have subscribed for PBS Passport service as well, which is a complimentary service for those who use PBS app, then you will have to activate PBS Passport on your Amazon Fire TV or Fire Stick. The procedure of activating PBS Passport on the device is as below:
Visit www.PBS.org from the computer or laptop and click on ‘Sign-in’ option given on the left corner of the screen.
Sign in to Passport account with the Facebook, Gmail or PBS account that is already created. If you log in with the mail address other than the above-mentioned mail clients, then you will find a problem in watching videos on the passport. If you have not created the PBS account yet, then follow the on-screen instructions given in the link.
Once you logged in, you will find the Passport icon on the screen. All the videos with this icon will be displayed under ‘PBS passport’ content. You will find the icons next to the name when you log in to the account. In PBS.org page, you will find both passport and non-passport content.
In case the blue icon on the passport doesn’t appear, then it means there is a problem with the activation or you have not signed in to the account with proper email address that you have entered earlier during setup. Try signing in with a different email address and see if it works or not. In case the problem still exists, then contact mail support team.
Now coming to the activation part, the steps to activate streaming devices like Amazon Firestick or TV are given on pbs.org/activate link. You can open this link from your computer web browser.
After successfully activating the PBS passport account, follow the steps mentioned here as under to hook up the account with Fire TV. If you find any problem, click on Amazon Fire Stick Support link.
Activating PBS Passport on Amazon Fire TV / Fire Stick:
- Launch the PBS channel on your Amazon Fire TV or Fire Stick.
- In the navigation panel that is given on the left, click ‘Settings’.
- Click on ‘Change account’, which is the last option in the Settings menu. A box bearing your account information will be displayed on the screen. Click Log out.
- After this, you will find ‘Activate’ option on the top of the screen
- Click to activate.
- A 7-character activation code will be displayed on the screen. If you don’t find this code, go to ‘Amazon Fire Stick Activation Code’ issue link.
- Launch chrome browser from your windows computer.
- In the URL, you need to Enter ‘pbs.org/activate’.
- Enter the seven-digit code in the given box. It must be remembered that this code is not for Passport activation.
- Click ‘Continue’.
- You will be directed to the new page prompting you to log in with the existing Gmail, Facebook or PBS account.
- Select the same account you used for activation of passport. Choosing a different mail account may put you in trouble.
Once you sign-in, your device will be activated. Go to the home screen to start watching passport videos.