We offer help and support for Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick. If you are looking for steps to activate HBO Go app on Amazon Fire TV, then you just have to go through the post given at Fire TV Stick Help & Support website or call us at our toll-free tech support number.
With Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick making its way into everybody’s home, it becomes important that we discuss the process of activating HBO Go on Amazon Fire TV. Now, you must be thinking why HBO Go.
Well, my reply would be ‘why not’. HBO Go is one of the most popular apps having content of the best production house in the world, i.e., ‘HBO’. We all have grown watching movies and shows on HBO, and the trend continues until today. HBO Go has got all the content that has been broadcasted on HBO as of now and every new content that will broadcast on HBO will be available on HBO GO app.
Now, if you want to access HBO content, then you will have to subscribe to HBO Go App. However, subscribing to HBO Go app is not going to let you watch your favorite HBO content because you need a streaming device to stream HBO Go content onto your TV set.
The streaming device, in this case, is Amazon Fire TV. If you happen to use Amazon Fire TV, then you can easily install HBO Go app on the device and begin watching your favorite HBO content. But, you need to make sure that your HBO GO app is activated.
Let’s find out how to sign in or activate HBO Go on Amazon Fire Setup
You will have to follow below-mentioned steps in order to activate HBO Go on Amazon Fire TV
- Download HBO GO app on your Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick.
- Open HBO Go on your Amazon Fire TV.
- Upon launching the app, you will see the ‘Welcome’ screen. So, select ‘Sign In’ and stay on this particular screen by the time you enter the sign in details on your PC or smartphone.
- On your PC or smartphone, you need to go to hbogo.com/activate link.
- Select ‘Amazon Fire TV account’ followed by selecting ‘Continue’.
- Select your TV provider followed by typing in your username and password. If you are unable to see your TV provider on the list, then that’s probably your TV provider doesn’t support HBO GO on Amazon Fire TV.
- Type in 6-character code that you see on the TV (from step 3) followed by selecting ‘Activate Device’.
- You are now going to see ‘Success’ message on your PC, the smartphone as well as your TV. It may take a few minutes so be patient.
- Select ‘Continue’ on your TV.
You can now begin watching your favorite HBO content on HBO Go.
Note: The activation code on Fire TV is going to reset in a few minutes’ time, so use it before it expires.
Many of those who were looking to know how to activate HBO Go on Amazon Fire TV will also be interested in knowing how to sign out or deactivate HBO Go on Amazon Fire TV.
So, without any further ado, let’s discuss the process of deactivating HBO Go on Fire TV as well.
- Launch HBO GO app on your Amazon Fire TV.
- Press the ‘Menu’ button on your Fire TV remote.
- Select ‘Settings’, then ‘Deactivate HBO Go’ option and finally ‘Deactivate Now’.
If you need any help in any of the aforementioned processes, then you can log onto Amazon Fire Stick Setup Problems facility. They will assist you in the best possible way regarding both aspects.